Job Posting - Archivist I, Kansas State Historical Society

Please contact the KSHS Human Resources Office regarding this posting.

Kansas State Historical Society seeks Reference Archivist (Archivist I). Position provides assistance to researchers by explaining card catalogs and other finding aids; discussing library, manuscript, map, photograph, and State's archives holdings in a centralized reading room setting. Requires BA in history, American Studies or a related field.  Prefer MS in Library/Information science or archival administration.  Demonstrated knowledge of research tools and methodology relating to history or genealogy and knowledge of archival principles and best practices. Application review begins March 3, 2002.  Starting salary $13.86 per hour, plus State benefits.  Position open until filled.
For application information contact the Human Resources Office, KSHS, 6425 SW Sixth Avenue, Topeka, Kansas, 66615; 785-272-8681 ext. 222.  EOE.