Call for Authors and Archivists

Greetings all  -

I have enjoyed reading all of your postings and thought this would be an
appropriate venue for me to post a call for authors.
Arcadia Publishing is searching  for local amateur and professional
historians, postcard collectors, museum curators, history room librarians,
archivists, and private vintage photography collectors who have an interest
in publishing their photograph and image collections, to preserve the
heritage of their communities through the medium of pictorial history
books.

We are currently looking to expand our list of titles in the Midwest and
West with exciting new local and regional history books.  Our books
document the heritage of an area through archival photographs and images,
with accompanying captions. We are a non-vanity press, absorbing the entire
cost of the publishing process, from editing and production to sales and
marketing. As well, we do not require a pre-purchase agreement, nor do we
seek local corporate sponsorship to fund the project. We pay authors or
organizations a royalty of net sales on every book sold. Ideally, we work
with local historical societies, museums, archives, and local authors to
produce attractive local histories with an emphasis on early photography.
The books are inexpensive, making them accessible to a larger audience.
Our program has benefited hundreds of local history groups that would not
normally have been able to produce a history of their area without tapping
various channels for outside financial support.

If you are interested in collaborating with us on a local history title, or
know someone who might be, please contact our office at 773-549-7002 or
e-mail the appropriate editor for additional information.

For the Chicago Area, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Indiana:
Samantha Gleisten
sgleisten@arcadiapublishing.com

For Minnesota, Oklahoma, and Ohio:
Jeff Ruetshe
jruetsche@arcadiapublishing.com

For Michigan, Iowa, and Nebraska:
Brendan McKenna
bmckenna@aracadiapublishing.com

For Illinois, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Kansas:
John Pearson
jpearson@arcadiapublishing.com

For the Pacific Northwest:
Sarah Wassell
swassell@arcadiapublishing.com

For California and the West:
kulrich@arcadiapublishing.com

Thanks so much for your time and your commitment to preserving our history!

All the Best,
Samantha Gleisten

Samantha Gleisten
Acquisitions Editor