Friday Funny: You know you're a New Yorker when

.when you ask someone for the time and they reply,"what do I look like, a clock?", as they walk away.

You know you're in downtown New York when you walk up to the coffee/donut vendor and say, "I'll take a large coffee with cream", and the person responds with ...Duh, AND  SUGAR??"

when you drive 100 miles round-trip to buy daily copies of the NYT after September 11th.

when Yiddish,Spanish,Chinese and Arabic words become part of your daily vocabulary.

Your kitchen contains more takeout restaurant menus than cookbooks.

You routinely ignore four signs: No exit, no entry, off duty, sold out.

You come home to discover a broken first-floor window, find a dead mourning dove among shards of glass in the front garden, and think, "Somebody threw a bird at my window."

and much more can be found at

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/27/nyregion/27WHEN.html

be sure to check out the reader's opinion link too

PeterK