FW: Looking for Papers of Silas Mainville

I've been asked to post the following inquiry to
the Listserve. Please reply to Julia at the
addresses indicated.

Thanks,
Bob Schmidt
Archives Listserve Coordinator
Miami University Archives
Oxford, Ohio 45056
513-529-6720
rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu
______________________________________
Dear Colleagues

I am posting this note in the hope that someone
out there may be able to
assist me in my search for papers by or about
(Silas) Mainville Burroughs
(1846-95). His father (also Silas Mainville
Burroughs) 1810-60, was a
Congressman and they both came from Medina, NY,
Burroughs jnr. trained at
the College of Pharmacy in Philadelphia before
setting up the Burroughs
Wellcome pharmaceutical company in London in 1880.

I am currently on sabbatical and researching a
biography of Mainville, and
although there are some family and business
records here and some info in
local census records on the net, so far I have
drawn a blank with records in
the States. I  would very much like to find more
about his time there, where
he spent most of his life.  His son, Stanley, did
move back to America I
believe. So far however searches on RLIN and NUCMC
have not revealed
anything.

Suggestions or information to my email address
below very gratefully
received !

Julia Sheppard
Head of Special Collections