Re: Statistics (was RE: WA STATE LIBRARY)

Here at the Deere & Company Archives, we keep monthly totals of total
requests, total questions answered, number of photocopies, scans, and time
per request. It is tedious, but we have an Access database set up that
allows us to enter information consistently every time. The system also
allows us to track turn-around time per request, and most importantly for
me, allows me to back track and not force the duplication of research when
customers lose track of things.

At the end of the fiscal year, we tabulate average time per request, total
research based on category and from where the requests are coming, i.e. the
public or internal departments, etc. It really does come in handy year end.

Neil Dahlstrom
Reference Archivist
Deere & Company Archives
One John Deere Place