Re: RAIN Drop - another sign of complications for archivists

My concern was not about the success or failure of the product; I only point
out that it's one more headache for those of us responsible for preserving
history and photographs that we now have yet one more format concern.  I
understand that the format is probably about the same as others, but as
these technologies move ahead, we as archivists are going to have to figure
out how to manage & preserve these technologies.  The AV department head
just told me happily they're going digital in the next year or so.  Oh joy.

I myself own a digital camera I'm very happy with - doesn't mean the
professional issues aren't concerning me.

DS

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021