How to negotiate with our so called Library of Last Recourse

I'm developing a web site about how to negotiate better for
 information from municipalities, city halls, town halls.  The
 emphasis is on negotiation skills, maintaining relatively more
 amicable negotiations and less adversarial negotiations where
 possible. For example, we have Regional and Massachusetts Library of
 Last Recourse Statewide Reference and Referral Center Boston Public
 Library Catalog and Interlibrary Loan Department's Dorothy Keller
 whose practices involve denial of service. Denial of service and
 freezing out the public from public information abridges intellectual
 freedom. You contact our public library and more energies of the
 negotiation for information are focused on what can't be done, what
 won't be done, what isn't done, policy, practices, et al instead of
 helping figure out how to get access to the information needed.

Please send along any hints, tips, pointers, web links and information
 about other resources for people interested in improving negotiation
 skills around how to get access to information from our City Halls.