Re: Online catalogs

No suggestion about how to do it, but a strong suggestion that the
appropriate dept. consult the university's legal counsel.  The catalog is
often considered a legal contract (student pays money, fills requirements
specified in catalog, gets degree; or takes specific courses described in
catalog and thus does/does not qualify for something outside the univ.).
The catalog sometimes must be consulted as proof of something or be
presented at a legal proceeding.  Your univ. must preserve the catalog in
some form and for each version, no matter how few or small the changes;
it should be up to the univ. to do it and pay for it.  The archives should
be involved in the decisions and may be the best source of current info
about longevity of various electronic storage media and ease of producing
all or part of it for the inevitable legitimate requests in the future.