[no subject]

Subject: preserving digital photo printouts

Hi everyone! I am an intern working at the Long Island Studies Insitute at
Hofstra University. I am working on our 9/11 collection, which includes
quite a bit of electronic information, including digital photos.

We have decided to print the digital photos rather than preserve them in
their digital form. I am concerned about the best way to preserve them. I
suggested mylar encapulation, but the head of the archive said
that perhaps the static form of the mylar would lift the color. Does anyone
have any experience with preserving digital photo printouts?

Thanks for your help.
--Janelle Boucher
jsboucher30@hotmail.com

A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List! To subscribe or unsubscribe, send e-mail to listserv@listserv.muohio.edu In body of message: SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname *or*: UNSUB ARCHIVES To post a message, send e-mail to archives@listserv.muohio.edu Or to do *anything* (and enjoy doing it!), use the web interface at http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html Problems? Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt