Arming America

Have any of the archivists out there in the ether been keeping up with
the developing discussion over the Michael Bellesiles book, *Arming
America,* and the way archives and archivists have been involved in
scholarship and the criticism of scholarship?  I confess, I find it
rather curious that no one on this list has even mentioned this case,
though archivists have been important participants in the growing
criticism of the book.  For example, the Contra Costa County History
Center has discussed the matter on its web site.

Charlie
Charles V. Mutschler, Ph.D.
University Archivist
Eastern Washington University.