Re: Archiving Digital Images

I'm still interested in the second question in Daniel's original message:
if the images received are in a proprietary format, should you migrate them
to an open one--if the images you received were GIFs, for example?  If it
were me, I'd migrate them and keep a copy in each format, especially if I
thought I might later want to manipulate the images (lighten, resize, or
whatever was needed) for presentation purposes.  One preservation copy, one
exhibition copy.  What do others think?  Has anyone established standards
or procedures at their institution for this situation?

Amy McCrory
Project Archivist
Cartoon Research Library
Ohio State University