From: Rebecca Daugherty <rdaugherty@RCFP.ORG>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:17:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Govt. Seminar:  FOIA Policy After Sept. 11th

Not a chance -- This library of congress program is for government
lawyers and librarians who need to get together and talk about  ----
well, use your imagination. -- Rebecca

From: Rob Bowling <robbkcmo@FIDNET.COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:46:23 -0600
Subject: Re: [DC] Govt.Seminar:  FOIA Policy After Sept. 11th

I contacted Mr. Hughes today in regards to the Seminar.  He stated to me
that no recordings would be permitted by the "training session
participants," and there would be no materials produced.  Therefore, there
would be "no materials which could be requested pursuant to the FOIA."

He then asked, "Ravnitzky, do you have any other questions?" to which I
responded, "Who is Mr. Ravnitzky?" (I had introduced myself, apparently he
confused "Bowling" and Michael's last name).

He went on to state that this was a private meeting, for which no notice had
been released to the public, and that it "concerned matters which concerned
government attorneys and librarians, not the public"  He then stated he had
other matters to attend to and hung up.

Rob Bowling
Independent FOI Researcher
1440 Forum Dr.