Re: scrapbook

Roberta--

We appreciate your wanting not to damage your precious mementos with glue. There are things called something like "photo mounting corners" that are triangular with a little pocket in them. You put one on each corner of the item and *they* glue to the page. That way, you don't put any foreign substances on your mementos, and you can remove them easily.  I'm not endorsing a particular product, but the Creative Memories company sells some that are clear on top, so you don't cover up any of the picture, invitation, etc. Their page describing these is at
http://www.creativememories.com/collleft.asp?sn=608726

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

The Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(845) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> Roberta Ransley <ransley@USM.MAINE.EDU> 02/25/02 08:57AM >>>
Good morning all,
I have a scrapbook with archival quality pages and would like to put
in wedding cards, photos, and other mementos. However I don't
want to use a glue that is going to show on the other side of the
pages. What kind of glue can I use? I have tried using the little slits
that are used in photo albums and also the ones that are sticky on
both sides but they don't hold. I also don't want to use tape! Help!
Thanks- Roberta Ransley-Matteau