Re: the trouble with stickies

I photocopy the sheet of paper with the sticky and place it next to the
original from which I remove and discard the sticky.  That way, the
position of the sticky and its possible relation to the text is preserved.
I also add a square-bracketed note to the photocopy, saying the sticky was
removed for preservation purposes.