Subject:    Re: Citation re. "Post-it" damage
Author: Joy Kingsolver <jkingsolver@EARTHLINK.NET>
Date:       2/28/02 10:35 AM

I can add an anecdote as well.  A few years ago
a patron was doing research in our library
using a periodical from 1911. No one realized
that the patron was using post-its, and they
were only discovered after he had been gone for
several months.  The post-its were stronger than
the brittle pages of the periodical, and when we
tried to remove them, entire pages would break.
They also left a bumpy residue on the pages.
After this incident, use of this periodical was
restricted.

Joy Kingsolver

As the clock struck 10:50 AM 2/28/02 -0500, Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
took quill in hand and wrote:
>I can give some personal anecdotal information to validate the information
in the article Ellen quoted to us. Many years ago, before I was an
archivist, I gained possession of some letters written to and from various
individuals in my husband's family, dating back to the
Joy Kingsolver, C.A.
Director
Chicago Jewish Archives
Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies