Conservation Workshop

I'm posting this on behalf of Jim Canary, head of conservation at the
Lilly Library, Indiana University, Bloomington.  Jim writes:

Due to numerous requests I am offering a three day hands on book and paper
repair workshop at my home studio in Bloomington. It will be March
15,16,17 Fri 9-5, Sat 9-5 and Sun 10-2 We will cover repairs of tears and
losses focussing on page repair and dust jacket repairs. We will also
practice hinge and joint repairs using toned Japanese tissue on
paper,cloth and leather bindings. Cloth rebacking will be demonstrated.
Plan to bring 10 books for examination and discussion of treatment
options. I will have plenty of practice materials. All tools and supplies
will be provided for the workshop. Cost $300. Additional tools and
supplies will be available for purchase. for additional information phone
me at 812 876-1290 and leave a message. I will return your call. Email
jcanary@indiana.edu

-- Kevin Cawley
   Archivist
   University of Notre Dame