Re: aerial photos

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 07:53:35 -0700, Carol A Edwards <cedwards@USGS.GOV>
wrote:

>DISCLAIMER FIRST:  This is not an appraisal of any kind.
>
>Things to consider could be:
>
> - How many negatives are involved (you didn't say)

To add to Carol's most excellent list
Where is your county located? How much change has occurred to the county
during the time period listed (30s to the 80s).

How much preservation work will be required and how much will it cost? (so
as to stave off a CF remark the reason I ask this is that it may cost you
much more to preserve the collection than what your organization can afford
for reference see White Elephants, such a collection may eat up all your
resources)

Do you know of other organizations that have looked at the material.
Have you researched the photographer? Do you know what the sellers paid for
the material?

oh well its Friday that's enough questions

peterk
pakurilecz@aol.com