Friday Funnies-Late Edition

Archivists,
Why I says to myself ruin these fine peoples' weekend by having Friday Funnies on Friday when I can ruin their whole week by having Friday Funnies on Monday?  Having no good answer to whatever the question was we join our hero (Rotund Richard AKA Dick The Archivist) as he visits New York.  Today we find Dick (having been invited to New York by the American Women's Voluntary Services) speaking to an enthralled audience of  young military officers at the Open House for Officers (held every day from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. at the Hotel Delmonico, 502 Park Avenue).  As we listen in we hear our HA (Heroic Archivist, 1st Class) telling our fighting men about his adventures in the early west.  "Why I remember the time," he is saying, "that I went into a bar and saw the Lone Ranger and Tonto drinking.  A guy came in and yelled, 'Whose white horse is that outside?'  The Lone Ranger finished off his sarsaparilla, slammed down the glass, turned around, and said, 'It's my horse.  Why do you want to know?'  The guy looked at him and said, 'Well, your horse is standing out there in the sun and he don't look to good.'  The Lone Ranger and Tonto ran outside and they saw that Silver was in bad shape, suffering from heat exhaustion.  The Lone Ranger moved his horse into the shade and got a bucket of water.  He then poured some of the water over the horse and gave the rest to Silver to drink.  It was then that he noticed there wasn't a breeze so he asked Tonto if he would start running around Silver, waving a blanket, to get some air flowing and perhaps cool the horse down faster.  Being a faithful friend, Tonto started running around Silver waving the blanket.  The lone Ranger came back into the bar and ordered another drink.  A short time later a cowboy walked in and said, 'Whose white horse is that outside?'  Slowly the Lone Ranger turned around and said, 'That's my horse, what's wrong with him now?'  'Nothing,' replied the cowboy, 'I just wanted to let you know that you left your Injun running.'"
And that's how we won the Big One.
Remember buy War Bonds.  Best wishes of Glover's Mange Medicine, shampoo and hair dress.  Available at Ogilvie Sisters hair and scalp preparations, 50 E. 42nd, N.Y., N. Y.  As recalled by Dick King, University of Arizona.