Storing framed photos

Upright is best - I don't think it matters which side is up (the long or short side).  One thing, though - I'm sure you will have more than one item in a particular space (although the fewer the better), so when you slide them in next to each other, put the backs together and the fronts facing each other, with padding in between the fronts.  Picture hooks and wire are bad news if they touch a nice frame, so back-to-back and front-to-front in storage is always our rule.

Fred Lautzenheiser
Cleveland Clinic Foundation