vinyl in a time capsule?

Hello Listserv,

I been asked by the Bicentennial Committee to find out if they should include what they describe as a vinyl banner in the time capsule that will be opened in 50 years.  The capsule is metal (titanium?) and will be stored underneath glass made by NASA, so I think the internal environment will remain fairly sound.  Below is the description they provided to me. If anyone has advice, please pass it along.

"No, it doesn't say it is vinyl, but I am certain that it is.  It is white with black and blue lettering that has been  glued on.  Though I don't know what kind of adhesive.  It has metal grommets and is 10' x 8'.  The banner was made to hang outside and in fact it did hang at the County Fair, Clarendon Day and a few other places, so it is not pristine."

Thank you,

Jennifer King
Virginia Room
Arlington County Public Library