Re: RFC

No, the RFC did not have any kind of division that dealt with hospitals.  Its
principal branches included several mortage divisions, the Defense Plant
Corporation, the Defense Supplies Corporation, the Defense Homes Corporation,
and other similar wartime agencies, as well as a number of smaller, more
specialized agencies.

However, there was a Hospitals Division in the Public Health Service (Record
Group 90).  The Federal Security Administation (Record Group 235), a predecessor
to the Department of Health and Human Services, also assumed some regulatory
oversight for hospital administration and construction in the immediate postwar
era.

Sincerely,

James H. Lide
Director, International Division
History Associates Incorporated
www.historyassociates.com

Daniel Sokolow wrote:

> Anyone at NARA or otherwise familiar with the subject know if the RFC
> (Reconstruction Finance Corporation, near as I can tell) ever had a division
> specifically to deal with hospitals?
>
> Thanks,
>
> DS
>
> ______________________________________
> Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
> David Taylor Archives
> North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
> 155 Community Drive
> Great Neck, NY 11021
> mailto:dsokolow@nshs.edu

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are
not the
addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of this message
to such
person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.  In such case, you
should
destroy this message, and notify us immediately at (301) 670-0076.