Transfer of reel tape to video

Hello!

I have a political collection which contains reels of tape (am I using this term correctly?? -- the same as the reels on the old home projectors of "yore") of interviews and such.  I would like to have these transferred over to video tape for researcher viewing.  (We haven't gone digital here...yet.)

I wondered if anyone has taken on this type of project and what you could relay as far as positives, negatives, and especially, those "make sure you do this or that" notes.  I was also wondering what the cost was for you.   Of course, I will be researching this issue for my particular area, but was curious about the disparity, if any exists.   This is a foreign realm to me, so any helpful hints or advice, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time!!

Evelyn Taylor
CSUCI
Lagomarsino Archives