African American genealogical sources

Dear Colleagues:

I have been asked by the SAA  to teach a preconference workshop in Aug. of
this year on the subject of African American Genealogy and Family History
research. I taught one last SAA meeting on general genealogical research and
my thanks to all who attended. I am now collecting  information for this
presentation and would like your help locating any unique unpublished
African American  genealogical sources found only in your state or area. A
good example is Indiana's "Negro Registers" of 1851 for 4 counties.  I know
about slave schedules and the Freedmen's Bureau bank and field office
records. Example I hope to uncover are voter records, slave or freedmen
census, Black church and religious record, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Russell P. Baker, CA
Arkansas History Commission and State Archives
One Capitol Mall
Little Rock, AR 72201
501-682-6900
www.ark-ives.com