Re: Taking a joke

You know, if we're not reaaaal careful here, we'll lose our ability to
stereotype by profession and before you know it, we'll start thinking that
sophomoric college humor isn't funny (and our collection has it a-plenty,
some of it from the 1920's using stereotypes that even archivists sans MLS
might not think very funny anymore).

But give Dewey, the slacker librarian a chance - glancing in the webpages
archives (where else?) it's pretty funny.
(besides it's about PUBLIC libraries, so we academics can laugh without
fear, right?).   I'll look forward to looking at the site in depth from home
tonight.  Thanks for passing it along.

Steven

Steven Brown
Head, University Archives & Records Management
Hargrett Library
Main Library
University of Georgia
Athens, Georgia  30602
sabrown@arches.uga.edu

Archives:  http://www.libs.uga.edu/hargrett/archives/index.html
Records:  http://www.libs.uga.edu/recman/www.html

"I am sorry to hear of the removal of Prof. M.  I wish him well for what he
has been, - and for his present merits - but as his principles are
contagious, it will be best for him I think to go where they can do no harm
as in Georgia he will find Jacobins formed to his hand - and who are past
being polluted."

 -  Jedidiah Morse on the departure of Joisah Meigs from Yale to assume the
presidency of the University of Georgia, 1801.