Re: campaign buttons

We have less than 100 campaign buttons and other items with pins.  Most
of the pins are rusty and we've removed them.  We plan to put each item
in a small archival envelope and write appropriate info on the envelope,
then put all the envelopes into one small archival box.  There will be
cross references from the files the pins came from (although, "found at
bottom of box of unrelated material" will have to be used a few
times!)

Items whose pins can't be removed will be wrapped in archival paper and
maybe put into archival photo sleeves, then into a box or binder.  We may
have to experiment further with this.

All this sounds like too much work if you have many hundreds of buttons.
Best wishes.

|((|  Ellen Chapman
|))|  Archivist for Congressional Papers
|((|  University of Hawaii at Manoa Library
|))|  2550 McCarthy Mall
|((|  Honolulu HI 96822  USA
|))|