Chatter R Us

Just what exactly is it that you want from the list? If you have a specific
question you could - like hordes of other people myself included - ask a
question and you are guaranteed a worthwhile answer. As for the Friday
goofiness (and all the other nonsense)... so what?

I think you may be new here so perhaps I can help you with an analogy. If
you think of the list as a very large Archives conference with several
thousand people chattering away about anything and everything archival (and
not so archival), that's sort of a reasonable way to picture how it fits
together. In one corner you have serious conversations about matters of
archival theory and practice, off in another a number of people are having a
heated political discussion and yet another group are drinking beer and
listening to Dick King rattle off bad jokes. You, Randy, have the choice to
be involved with any of those groups. Or none of them.

If the amount of list traffic you get is really bothering you one of your
best solutions may be to killfile Don Saklad. Come to think of it, that
noisy fellow from the City of Saskatoon rarely has anything useful to say
either so you might as well toss him in the bit bucket too.

Jeff "contributing nothing useful to the realm of Archival Science since
1994" O'Brien
City of Saskatoon Archives