Auto Replies

--- Craig Wright <skavvy@CONCENTRIC.NET> wrote:

> Let's not forget in the "reply to" discussion that
> when the list was
> defaulted
> to reply to the list - all those automatic "out of
> office" messages were
> automatically posted to the entire list as well.

I last posted something (about a month ago), I was
still get automatic out-of-office replies.  I suspect
I could set up a filter for them since I wound up
setting one up to stop Yahoo from depositing Archives
List mail in the spam folder -- no reflection on the
quality of messages, it seemed to happen sporadically
:-)

I, too, use a personal account to follow the list and
do most of my reading from home.

To lurk, or not to lurk, that is certainly one
question.  For the sake of my free mailbox of limited
size, thank heavens the majority of the list lurkers.
But from a lone arranger who rarely sees another
archivist outside of conferences, thank you to the
posters who keep us informed and amused.

Judy Turner
Director, Library and Archives
Milwaukee Public Museum