Re: removing box labels from manuscript boxes

Again, no suggestions for removing labels, but we have been very happy with
the
self-adhesive pocket labels, 2-3/4 x 1-1/2 inches, that we buy from the
Associated Bag Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  The front of the envelopes
are clear, and they are enclosed on three sides.  Like DS, we have a
pre-printed, pre-cut template, made to fit the envelope, that can be easily
changed as needed.  We have also begun color coding the label inserts, so
that any box that is stored on the first shelf of any range in the stacks is
blue, any box on the second shelf is yellow, and so on.  This helps avoid
some common re-shelving errors.

We paid @ $28.00 for a box of 1000 "Front Loading Press-on Envelopes with
Recessed Face" the last time we ordered.  They come in a variety of sizes.
If anyone is interested, the phone number for the Associated Bag Company is
800-926-6100 or see their web site at www.associatedbag.com .

Karen F. Koka

Curator of Manuscripts
Nebraska State Historical Society