FW: Bologna restores Carles S. Chaplin films

-----Original Message-----
From: FIAF [mailto:fiaf@skypro.be]
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 12:00 PM
Subject: Bologna restores Carles S. Chaplin films

Message circulated at the request of our Colleagues of Bologna
Mensaje difundido a pedido de nuestros colegas de Bologna
Message distribué à la demande de nos collègues de Bologna

Dear Colleagues,

As you might know, the Chaplin family has entrusted the Cineteca del
Comune di de Bologna to restore the entire works of Charles Chaplin.
This complex project will be undertaken, in all phases, over a certain
number of years, in close cooperation with the laboratory L'immagine
ritrovata.

After the restorations of The Kid (1999), Modern Times (2000)
and Monsieur Verdoux (2001), it's now time to restore Limelight and The
Chaplin revue (the 1959 version), which includes  The Pilgrim, A Dog's
life and Shoulder's Arms.

We are particularly searching materials related to the silent versions
of the following three films: A Dog's life (1918), The Pilgrim
(1923) and Shoulder's Arms (1918).

Please let us know if your Archive holds good quality original
materials from that time.

We are also interested in all documents relmated to Limelight
and The Chaplin Revue (see trailers, etc.).

May I ask you please to send all information to:
anna.fiaccarini@comune.bologna.it

We hope you will provide us with your cooperation, and we remain
sincerely.

Yours,
Gian Luca Farinelli
(Cineteca di Bologna)

---
Christian Dimitriu
Senior administrator
FIAF

International Federation of Film Archives
Fédération Internationale des Archives du Film
Rue Defacqz 1       tél +32 2 538 3065
B-1000  Bruxelles       fax +32 2 534 4774
BELGIQUE                e-mail: info@fiafnet.org

www.fiafnet.org