Re: Reference/Research Services

Emily:

You will find the fee schedule for the Library/Archives Division of the Nebraska State Historical Society on our website at www.nebraskahistory.org/lib-arch/services/refrence/fees.htm.  We have recently increased some fees for services and copies to more accurately reflect our costs in staff time and in materials. These fees go into our cash fund which is used to pay for a portion of our operational costs -- everything from salaries, to utilities, to equipment, to supplies for collection care and housing . We do place a portion of our reproduction fees for photographs in a technology fund which is used to update equipment.

Our parent institution, the Nebraska State Historical Society, operates our gift/book shop, so we don't deal with the sales issues that you mention.

I hope that this helps with your policy review.  Please feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Ann E. Billesbach
Head of Reference Services
Library/Archives Division
Nebraska State Historical Society