Archival catacombs and dead records

In a message dated 3/21/02 1:00:41 PM, dmoser@LEE.EDU writes:

<< OH MY GOSH! Carole, WHOSE turn is it to be watching Michael McCormick?!?!

Dennis "It must be Spring, 'cause the humidity's returned to The Island"

Moser >>

Not my turn, either.

But it I posted it, no one would know.  I suspect no one reads my stuff--when
I cited Plato's cave analogy the list philosopher didn't correct me for
getting the wrong book of _The Republic_.  And I'm likely the only one
willing to go public about being clueless about Cleese (okay, everyone else
knew who he was), and what good is all the Xenophonian Greek, Bedean Latin
and Chaucerian English if one's never heard "Happiness is a Warm Gun?"    My
assistant often remarks on the investigative quality inherent in archival
work, yet I'm clueless in the catacombs of the archival list.  And do we all
live in archival catacombs, or only the basement archivists, with their dead
records? (And if one were to place a PC in the catacombs, would it them have
Windows?)

Holly Hodges
who plans to spend some time on the boardwalk this weekend