Mission Statement

Hi!!

I am not only a lurker, but a very new lurker (just joined  a couple  of weeks ago).  From the e-mails I have been reading from this group---everyone sounds  friendly and nice ----so, I am going to jump in and ask a question.

Let me start by saying I am not an archivist by profession,  as a Management Assistant in our City, one of my responsibilities is to set up an archives relating to government facilities.  One point has become obvious, there is a serious need for our City to have a mission statement-----as I am sure all of you are very aware.  It is amazing how much people want to move into this project from every department that does not really apply to what we are doing.

So--

My request to city archivists is for copies of your Mission Statements.  They would be very helpful in deciding exactly what our parameters should be.

I appreciate this e-mail tool for contacting so many experienced professionals.  Thank you.

By the way, I think the SCA e-mails I have been reading are interesting, funny, clever AND quite a few even provide great information.  Also, I wonder where the BIRDIES is too.