Re: Digitzation consultatns

Here is the info I sent Shuster:
For my photodigitization project I hired Raymond Clark of the Western
History Photodigitization Project at the Denver Public Library. The vendor
who scanned our nearly 13,000 images (and has worked with the Library of
Congress, National Geographic and many others), John R. Stokes, Jr. of JJT,
Inc., Austin, TX, is also a consultant now.  Both of these men are tops in
the digital field. I highly recommend both men.

You might also contact the head of the new OCLC Digital Co-op, Tom Clareson,
for input. The new digital Co-op will be a wonderful potential resource for
you which Tom can explain in depth to you. You can contact these men at:

Clark- Rclarkdenver@aol.com <mailto:Rclarkdenver@aol.comStokes->

Stokes- johnr@jump.net <mailto:johnr@jump.net>  or johnr@grandecom.net
<mailto:johnr@grandecom.net>

Clareson- Tom_Clareson@oclc.org <mailto:Tom_Clareson@oclc.org>  or
claresot@oclc.org <mailto:claresot@oclc.org>

BTW, the server that houses our OPAC has been having troubles since last
Thursday in case you try to access our images. Darrell Fitts, the Arkansas
State Library systems administrator who maintains the server that houses our
OPAC, is currently working with SUN to get the situation resolved.

Hope this helps:-)

Lynn Ewbank, CA
Arkansas History Commission
One Capitol Mall