[no subject]

Dear Colleagues,

The National Retention Policy for Local Authority Records in Ireland is to be launched on Wednesday 3rd of April here in Dungarvan, Co. Waterford.

I want to thank all of those who responded to my various requests for information, advice and guidelines. These were most helpful in providing the committee with guidelines on how to produce the policy.

The next step of course is to work on getting it implemented throughout the local authorities. So it is only the first step on a long road.

Once again, thank you all for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Joanne Rothwell
Waterford County Archivist
Dungarvan Library,
Davitt's Quay,
Dungarvan,
County Waterford
Telephone: 00353 58 41231

A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List! To subscribe or unsubscribe, send e-mail to listserv@listserv.muohio.edu In body of message: SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname *or*: UNSUB ARCHIVES To post a message, send e-mail to archives@listserv.muohio.edu Or to do *anything* (and enjoy doing it!), use the web interface at http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html Problems? Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt