confidential material in collections

Hello:

I was wondering if anyone had any written guidelines defining access to
confidential information in archival collections that they could share with
me.  I have come across some material in a collection that I am processing
and that I believe should be restricted.  But I am not sure  what level of
restriction I should impose.  Some of the material contains social security
numbers, student grades, and transcript information.  I tried checking the
SAA web site but was not able to find
what I was looking for.  Thanks for your help.

Dominic P. Grandinetti
American Jewish Historical Society