Question for College and University Archivists

3-27-2002

List,

An alumna, the daughter of an emeritus faculty member,  has offered our
archives her father's academic regalia. This does not fit any of our
collections. I have not replied to the offer. Nor do I have a good
suggestion for a suitable (or obvious) recipient.

Frankly, the only place on campus that might accept such garments is the
theater department. It occurs to me that if this is suggested, it might
sound like the next best thing to a thrift shop (no matter how adroitly the
suggestion is made).

Can someone on the list suggest a good alternative?

Thanks,

Jan Boles, Archivist
The Robert E. Smylie Archives
Albertson College of Idaho