alt.librarian webring

   Comments for post #7297004
http://thebiz.blogspot.com/?/2001_11_18_thebiz_archive.html#7297004

   Troubled librarians. Problem patrons. There're many people at our
   cities public libraries who censor access to information from other
   people perceived as less worthy.
   Don Warner Saklad (e) [email]  (w) [web link] @ 28 Mar 02 12:33

   TheBiz
http://thebiz.blogspot.com/?/2001_11_18_thebiz_archive.html

   The Librarians:
    Gabe Oppenheim
    Aaron Schmidt

   alt.librarian webring
    Join Now
    http://V.webring.com/wrman?ring=altlibrarianwebr&addsite
    Ring Hub
    http://V.webring.com/hub?ring=altlibrarianwebr&id=1&hub
    Random
    << Prev
    Next >>

   We really do care about serving our patrons...
   it's just that sometimes we can't believe what happens in the biz...

   Wednesday, November 21
   Aaron Schmidt
   Thanks to everyone for the overwhelming response to Mr. Saklad.

    His website will not be included in the alt.librarians
    webring for various reasons.
[ http://GuideToProblematicalLibraryUse.WebLogs.com/stories ]

    He's not a librarian, and he doesn't seem to update his blog much.

    Also, he seems to me to be what I would classify as a
    "problem patron."

    Characteristics of the "problem patron" are

     * Thinking they know more about libraries than they do

     * Using this "knowledge" to tell you how to run the library

     * Doing all of this in a unplesant, if not rude, manner

   In fact, this kinda reminds me of "problem board members"
    who like to micro-manage.

    Honestly, I've not come across much of this, thusfar,
    thank the heavens.

    Problem patrons, on the other hand....

    So there's no way I'm going to let one in my little club.

   Is he going to read this and freak out? I'm such a daredevil.
   Aaron Schmidt kept it real at 11:04 AM
   comment
http://thebiz.blogspot.com/?/2001_11_18_thebiz_archive.html#7297004

   Tuesday, November 20
   Aaron Schmidt
   There are soon to be a total of THREE members in the alt.librarian
    webring.

    I'm so happy.

    The new ones are "Library News Daily" and "Library Stuff."

    One more site applied, but I'm not sure what to make of it.
[ http://GuideToProblematicalLibraryUse.WebLogs.com/stories ]

    The main site is here, made by this guy Don Saklad
    who evidently is trying to be an agitator a la N. Baker,
    but about different library topics.

    Some think that he is not a real person, but rather a ficticious
    character perpetuated by "MIT library geeks."

    Supposedly he often posts to LIS News
    (soon to be added to the alt.librarian webring),
    I'll have to investigate.

    Do any of you know anything?

   Time to tidy up the ref desk.
   Aaron Schmidt kept it real at 10:04 AM