Ira Aldridge papers

I have a colleague whose boss has a friend in Russia  who is interested
in the location of memoirs, papers or whatever of an Ira Aldridge, an
American (I assume) who spent time at the Rybinsk Drama Theatre in
Russia.

The name or nationality or anything else might be wrong since this is a
(let me count) third-hand query.

Any help would be appreciated.  Please respond to me at
wcreync@wcc.vccs.edu.

Cathy Carlson Reynolds, Archivist
Wytheville Community College
1000 E. Main St