Self Censorship & the Web

Our archives is in the process of putting up about 10,000 images on the Web.  They are photographs from the 1940's, '50s & '60s.  We own the copyright to these images.

A group of these photographs documents slum housing in the South. One of the photos includes two girls (ages about 6 and 8) who are not wearing shirts.  They are shown with their brothers on the porch of a shotgun house. This image has been published in a book and used in an exhibit.  However some people have said that if it was on the Web, it could be considered child pornography.  Do you believe this is an over reaction?  Would it be best to not put it on the Web or edit the image by blocking out their chests?