Re: Garment Donation

Hello List,
I had a municipal customer in So. Calif. once that placed a firefighters' uniform
and hat in their time capsule. It was for a very respected firefighter
who had died in service that year.

Perhaps a time capsule would be a meaningful way to store it.

--
Best regards,
 Janet Reinhold, Dir., Time Capsule Division

> [...]

> from
> the University
> 245 Cedar Avenue  Minneapolis MN  55454-1054
> 5/3 & 5/4, 8:00 p.m.
> http://www.theatreintheround.org/

> "I Don't Have To Show You No Stinking Badges" (Mixed Blood Theatre) -
> walking distance from the U.
> Performed in English or Spanish on alternating nights!
> http://www.mixedblood.com/home.asp

> Gordon Lightfoot (Orpheum Theatre)
> Thurs. 5/2, 8:00 p.m.
> http://www.state-orpheum.com

> Ravi & Anoushka Shankar (Historic State Theater)
> Friday 5/3, 8:00 p.m.
> http://www.state-orpheum.com

> [Guthrie Theater is between shows ]

> ARTS EVENTS: ST. PAUL

> St. Paul Chamber Orchestra (Ordway Center)
> Fri 5/3 and Sat. 5/4, 8:00 p.m.
> Midori, violin; Andreas Delfs conducting
> http://www.thespco.org

> MUSEUMS: MINNEAPOLIS

> Minneapolis Institute of Art
> A Vision of Paris: Etchings of Charles Meryon
> Bridging America with Frank Lloyd Wright
> From Frankenthaler to Freud: Master Contemporary Prints from the
> Permanent
> Collection
> Times Squared: Photographs by Toby Old
> http://www.artsmia.org/

> Walker Art Gallery
> Vital Forms: American Art & Design in the Atomic Age, 1940-1960
> Walk Around Time: Selections from the Permanent Collection
> The Language of Names
> http://walkerart.org

> Don't miss the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, outside, just north of the
> Walker/Guthrie complex

> MUSEUMS: ST. PAUL

> Minnesota Museum of American Art
> Norman Rockwell's 322 Saturday Evening Post Covers
> http://www.mmaa.org/

> Science Museum
> Shackelton's Antarctic Adventure in the Omni Theatre
> Playing with Time exhibit
> http://www.smm.org/

> OTHER FUNKY ACTIVITIES:

> Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor
> Broadcasting live from the Fitzgerald Theatre, St. Paul, on Sat. May 4
> Rush tickets go on sale at 4:15 p.m. on May 4th at the Fitzgerald
> Theater.
> http://www.prairiehome.org/

> Dakota Bar & Grill - Jazz Club
> Long considered the grande dame of the jazz scene (St. Paul)

> Scottish Country Fair
> Macalester College
> Sat. May 6.  9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
> For more information about any of these events or venues - or for
> additional activities - go to CitySearch
> (http://twincities.citysearch.com/section/attractions/)

> ------------------------------

> Date:    Thu, 28 Mar 2002 08:53:30 -0600
> From:    Catherine Bruck <bruck@IIT.EDU>
> Subject: Re: Question for College and University Archivists

> ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C1D636.0875A3F0

> RE: Question for College and University ArchivistsPossibly, the local
> historical museum would be interested, or the historical museum where her

size=3D2>>University Archivist</FONT> <BR><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>>Illinois=20
> Institute of Technology</FONT> <BR><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Paul V. =
> Galvin=20
> Library</FONT> <BR><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>35 W. 33rd St.</FONT> =
> <BR><FONT=20
> face=3DArial size=3D2>Chicago, IL&nbsp; 60616</FONT> <BR><FONT =
> face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>>312/567-6840</FONT> <BR><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>FAX =
> [...]

> are=20
>   expensive to purchase, and the rentals add up, too.&nbsp; Someone =
> might be=20
>   honored to have it.&nbsp; I know of an instance here at Hiram College =
> where=20
>   that worked out well. </FONT></P>
>   <P><FONT size=3D2>Joanne M. Sawyer</FONT> <BR><FONT size=3D2>Hiram =
> College=20
>   Archivist</FONT> <BR><FONT size=3D2>330-569-5361</FONT> <BR><FONT=20
>   size=3D2>&lt;sawyerjm@hiram.edu&gt;</FONT> </P><BR>
>   <P><FONT size=3D2>-----Original Message-----</FONT> <BR><FONT =
size=3D2>>From:=20
>   Boles, Jan [<A=20
>   =
> href=3D"mailto:JBoles@ALBERTSON.EDU";>mailto:JBoles@ALBERTSON.EDU</A>]</FO=
NT>>=20
>   <BR><FONT size=3D2>Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 4:19 PM</FONT> =
> <BR><FONT=20
>   size=3D2>To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU</FONT> <BR><FONT =
size=3D2>>Subject:=20
>   Question for College and University Archivists</FONT> </P><BR>
>   <P><FONT size=3D2>3-27-2002</FONT> </P>
>   <P><FONT size=3D2>List,</FONT> </P>
>   <P><FONT size=3D2>An alumna, the daughter of an emeritus faculty =
> member,&nbsp;=20
>   has offered our</FONT> <BR><FONT size=3D2>archives her father's =
> academic=20
>   regalia. This does not fit any of our</FONT> <BR><FONT =
size=3D2>>collections. I=20
>   have not replied to the offer. Nor do I have a good</FONT> <BR><FONT=20
>   size=3D2>suggestion for a suitable (or obvious) recipient.</FONT> </P>
>   <P><FONT size=3D2>Frankly, the only place on campus that might accept =
> such=20
>   garments is the</FONT> <BR><FONT size=3D2>theater department. It =
> occurs to me=20
>   that if this is suggested, it might</FONT> <BR><FONT size=3D2>sound =
> like the=20
>   next best thing to a thrift shop (no matter how adroitly the</FONT> =
> <BR><FONT=20
>   size=3D2>suggestion is made).</FONT> </P>
>   <P><FONT size=3D2>Can someone on the list suggest a good =
> alternative?</FONT>=20
> </P>
>   <P><FONT size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT> </P>
>   <P><FONT size=3D2>Jan Boles, Archivist</FONT> <BR><FONT size=3D2>The =
> Robert E.=20
>   Smylie Archives</FONT> <BR><FONT size=3D2>Albertson College of =
> Idaho</FONT>=20
>   <BR><FONT size=3D2>2112 Cleveland Blvd</FONT> <BR><FONT =
size=3D2>>Caldwell,=20
>   ID&nbsp; 83605-4494</FONT> </P>
>   <P><FONT size=3D2>A posting from the Archives &amp; Archivists =
> LISTSERV=20
>   List!</FONT> </P>
>   <P><FONT size=3D2>To subscribe or unsubscribe, send e-mail to=20
>   listserv@listserv.muohio.edu</FONT> <BR><FONT=20
>   size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In body of message:&nbsp; SUB =
size=3D2>>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
target=3D_blank>>http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html</A></FO=

TARGET=3D"_blank">>http://www.hcea.net</A></FONT></U>