Re: database software

Hi Tom!

I am responding to the list as others may be interested.

We currently use a database called Filemaker Pro 5.5.  I really like its
flexibility.  The real nice thing is it has cross platform capabilities
- i.e. Mac - Win OS.

You also have the option of converting your file from Filemaker to
Access or Excel in the event another party you do business with does not
have the software.

We have two databases currently setup with FMPro; our film and video
database and our programs and collectibles database.  We will soon start
digitizing the 3 million + still images we have and eventually they will
be entered into a database.

You may find a 30 day trial on their web site at:
http://www.filemaker.com/
or
http://www.filemaker.com/products/try_filemaker.html

I am no way affiliated with the company, nor do I have any financial
interest in it.
Nancy Kendrick
ISC Publications-Archives