Re: Lantern Slide Projector Type IC/QPJ-IAO

A collector in San Antonio, Texas maintains a private museum of lantern
slides and projectors, and offers assistance in identifying equipment.  See
http://www.magiclanterns.org/ for the contact information.

Warren Stricker

At 08:51 AM 4/5/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>We are currently involved in a project to organize, digitize, catalog, and
>provide online access to several local collections of glass lantern
slides.  In
>the process of working with these slides, we happened to stumble across a
>lantern slide projector which had been stored in a back corner.
>
>We tested it and it seems to work fine.  In fact, we are planning to use the
>projector as part of a workshop where we will be attempting to replicate
what we
>think might have been the slide show as originally produced for a couple
of the
>collections while demonstrating our catalog searching for online access to
the
>digital images of the slides.
>
>I have little information about the projector itself except for the
identifying
>plate on its body.  This reads:  "Projection Equipment.  3 1/4" x 4" Lantern
>Slide.  Type IC/QPJ-IAO.  Buships Stock No. S18-P-24708-765.  Model AFGK
3588.
>Serial S107. Volts 115. Cycles 60. Watts 800.  Navy Department - Bureau of
>Ships.  American Optical Co. Contract No. AF 33(038)-14376. Insp."
>
>Can anyone date this projector (my guess in WWII vintage)?
>
>Also, any ideas if (and where) replacement bulbs might be available.
>
>Thanks,
>Bob Kudlay
>Reference/Archives
>Springfield College
>Springfield, Mass. 01109
>rkudlay@spfldcol.edu
>
>A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List!

>      In body of message:  SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname
>                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES

>     http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html
>
>Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt <rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>

Warren Stricker, Archivist
Daughters of the Republic of Texas Library
P.O. Box 1401
San Antonio, TX 78295-1401
(210) 225-1071                  Email: WStricker@drtl.org
Fax: (210) 212-8514             URL: http://www.drtl.org/