Acetate Records

Please give me ADVICE if anyone knows
anything about ACETATE RECORDS. If you
are knowledgeable about this topic, please
READ ON--

Here are the details:
I have a 16inch acetate laminated aluminum record (?)
that was made in 1937. This record is in excellent condition,
(by my eye anyway) and is a recording of my gradfather. I have
never heard this record, nor is my gradfather still living. I
found the record after cleaning out his house many years ago.
It is marked "audition" and I believe it to be his audition
for a radio station in St. Louis. Obviously this record has
tremendous sentimental value, and some notable historic value
as well. My goal is to get it copied onto a CD for myself and family.
Obviously, im very concerned that it be done correctly, any mistakes
or damage to the record would be permanent.

Here is how YOU can help me:
1. Advice on how to correctly and safely (is it possible?) the record somewhere to have it done.
2. Advice on how I can assess the quality of the record itself so I can describe it other experts for help (For example, one person told me that if it has a white powder on it means its degrading.... ok then what!?)
3. Should it be cleaned, if so what is the + and - of doing so, whats the best way?
4. How important is the needle type, vacuum player etc.
5. What do i need to know to do this safely? What are the critical elements? What should ask before having someone do this?
6. WHO DO YOU KNOW or WHO DO YOU RECOMMEND I have copy the record?
7. etc. etc. determining speed ... chosing a stylus....

Thank you very much for reading all this, any help would be GREATLY
APPRECIATED !! :)
You may reply off-line if you wish, my email is
jmwry5@mizzou.edu

Thanks, John