Re: vertical files to compact shelving

By appraisal I mean getting any actual monetary value for the files.  In
the Maryland Department of the Enoch Pratt Free Library we have an
estimated 500,000 subject and biography cards and twice as many vertical
files (consisting of newspaper articles, magazine articles, ephemera,
etc).  We are looking to find a way to place a value on a basically
"invaluable" collection.  Sorry if I confused anyone.

Thank you,
Kristen

Kristen Romano
Librarian, Special Collections