From: Dean DeBolt [mailto:ddebolt@UWF.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 11:55 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Oral History Cataloging Question

We have a cataloger who is cataloging some of our
collections that contain oral histories into OCLC.
But we are stymied in trying to find an appropriate
term in the subject field.

For example, something like "DeBolt, Dean--Oral History"
or "DeBolt, Dean--Reminiscences" ...    According to LC
subject guide the term "ORAL HISTORY" refers to books
about how-to.    I get lots of faculty and students who
come in and want to see if there are any oral histories
in the library catalog.   They can do a keyword search
for "oral histories" and find them....

Any suggestions?   Thanks.

Dean
Dean DeBolt
University Librarian
Special Collections and West Florida Archives
John C. Pace Library
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
Tele:  850-474-2213;   Fax:  850-474-3338