Re: Converting audio tapes to digital format

At 10:14 AM 4/19/02 -0400, Wildenberg, Tom wrote:

"Has anyone on the list had experience in converting oral histories on audio cassette tapes to digital CDs."

We do it here all the time, but mainly because the only reel to reel tape player is just about dead and there is no money in the budget to fix or replace it.  However, there ARE bucks to buy more computers, more CD burners, more DVD burners, more EVERYTHING that is "new."  Come to think of it, lots of libraries are not really buying paper serial subscriptions all that much either, counting on "internet access" as a surrogate.  Try reading THAT while sitting on the john...

No, we are not going to toss out the old tapes either.  We are going to store them right next to the LP's and 45's that no one can listen to anymore.  They look good next to the Beta videotapes and the 8 track cassettes.....

Kim "still owns a working Edison and has a fine collection of toilet paper tube shaped records for it" Scott