SAA 2002 Annual Meeting Session Descriptions Available Online

With apologies for cross-posting:

SAA 2002 BIRMINGHAM ANNUAL MEETING PROGRAM SESSION DESCRIPTIONS NOW
AVAILABLE ONLINE

All of the session descriptions for the Society of American Archivists 2002
annual meeting in Birmingham, Alabama (August 19-24) are now available
online at http://www.archivists.org/conference/birm2002prog.asp

Here, you will find descriptions of such notable sessions as our "Archives
Unplugged" track, which gives those new or returning to the archival field
access to national experts in basic archival principles and practices.  For
example,  on Thursday, August 22nd, Kathleen Roe of the New York State
Archives will address issues of Arrangement and Description
(http://www.archivists.org/conference/birm2002prog-Session.asp?event=11).

On that same day, a session addressing diversity issues, "Sustaining the
Human Mosaic:  Diversity Issues in Libraries and Archives," will discuss how
these initiatives are developed and implemented, and how archives are used
to foster and support these efforts:
http://www.archivists.org/conference/birm2002prog-Session.asp?event=15

Friday, August 23rd features sessions on such topics as Creating Web Access
to the Cultural Record
http://www.archivists.org/conference/birm2002prog-Session.asp?event=26 and
"Presidents, Governors and Mayors:  Access to Public Records"
http://www.archivists.org/conference/birm2002prog-Session.asp?event=40.  Of
course, you won't want to miss "I Read the News Today, Oh Boy:  Documenting
Controversy and Scandal at College and University Archives"
http://www.archivists.org/conference/birm2002prog-Session.asp?event=24

And on Saturday, you will be able to explore "Mold, the Fuzzy Reality,"
http://www.archivists.org/conference/birm2002prog-Session.asp?event=47 and
"Different Voices from Birmingham:  Records of Civil Rights"
http://www.archivists.org/conference/birm2002prog-Session.asp?event=56.

This is a small sample of the 60 sessions guaranteed to stimulate your
thinking and leave you with many new ideas to use in your own shop once you
are home from this marvelous gathering of archivists from the world over.

More annual meeting information can be found at
http://www.archivists.org/conference/index.asp#2002.  Our program book is at
the printers and will be distributed in late May or early June.  We will
also have our registration form online in the very near future.

We're looking forward to welcoming you all to Birmingham!

Susan E. Fox, CAE
Executive Director
Society of American Archivists
527 S. Wells St., 5th Floor
Chicago, IL  60607
312-922-0140
fax:  312-347-1452
sfox@archivists.org
www.archivists.org

The mission of the Society of American Archivists is to serve the
educational and informational needs of our members and to provide leadership
to ensure the identification, preservation, and use of the nation's historic
record.