Re: digiatl cameral

When I noticed the request for reference of a 'great' digital camera, my
mind stuttered...

In the past 3-5 years, the electronics market has flooded consumers with
choices, as others have commented; high to low end.

Those mentioned by Rdrapeau are good choices.  I personally like the SONY
models with CD storage; variety of features that you can easily research on
your own.  If you want esoteric, I know that NIKON has some exquisite
models, and I suspect LEICA has an offering:) The options for storage on
units now range from floppy 3.5 type, megapixel memory cards of various
types, mini and regular CD, and I suspect dvd is either already out or about
to appear...