From: Mark Young
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 3:28 PM
Subject: Chinese Markers

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to everyone who has answered my last question on Digital Cameras. We are looking at the options and I will let everyone know what we decide. My next question relates to Chinese Markers. I have hundreds of photos in the collection that date back to the 1920's and 30's. Newspaper and magazine editors have been marked them with black waxy Chinese Markers that would help to determine image cropping. Does anyone know how to remove the marks without damaging the photos. I have been able to use a tissue and lightly rub some of the marks off, as well as dampening the tissue and rubbing them off. I do realize the dangers of that method, and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks and all the best.......Is anyone going to AAM in Dallas?

Mark S. Young, II
Archivist, Librarian
International Tennis Hall of Fame
401-849-3990