Chinese Markers

I prefer to call them plate markers because China is
more than just dishes.  We are an entire culture, with
all that suggests.  Yes, we have our flaws, but we
have endured in luxury since the time europeans were
killing animals for clothes and eating each other in
caves.

I am kidding, ha ha.  But China IS more than dishes!

Xiamen  : )

Nothing useful here from a conservation standpoint,
but aren't those
writing devices actually called "china" markers,
because you can use them
to write prices on chinaware and other ceramics?   I
think in places less
tony than the 5 & 10 cent tableware department they
call them grease
pencils.

Steven

Steven Brown
University Archives & Records Management
Hargrett Library
Main Library
University of Georgia
Athens, Georgia  30602
sabrown@arches.uga.edu

Archives:
http://www.libs.uga.edu/hargrett/archives/index.html
Records:  http://www.libs.uga.edu/recman/www.html

"I am sorry to hear of the removal of Prof. M.  I wish
him well for what
he has been, - and for his present merits - but as his
principles are
contagious, it will be best for him I think to go
where they can do no
harm as in Georgia he will find Jacobins formed to his
hand - and who are
past being polluted."

 -  Jedidiah Morse on the departure of Joisah Meigs
from Yale to assume
 the presidency of the University of Georgia, 1801.